The Woo Hoo Crew is about to embark on a new journey and, for most of the team, a new milestone – the Blue Ridge Relay. With the tagline “Consider all others a warm-up,” this relentless and beautiful race winds its way through the Blue Ridge and Black Mountains of Virginia and North Carolina. Here are some of the stats:
• 208 miles across 2 states
• 12 team members in two 15-passenger vans
• 36 transition zones
• 14,000+ feet of elevation gain
• 17,000+ feet of elevation loss
Oh man, what have we gotten ourselves into?!
Actually, I know exactly what’s in store for us. I was fortunate enough to do this race 2 years ago and had the time of my life. While my team members in 2010 were great, I really only knew 3 of them. This time around, we built a team around some of our favorite people on the planet who we knew would elevate the level of fun and awesomeness at every twist and turn of this mountainous course. I honestly couldn’t be more thrilled to spend 36 hours in a van with these people!
We will be live tweeting the entire race from 7:00 a.m. Friday morning (9/7) through 6:00 p.m. Saturday evening (9/8). If you want to follow our progress, here are some different options:
- Just keep refreshing this page and look in the column to the right of the page. It says “Blue Ridge Relay: LIVE!”
- Follow us on Twitter (@TheWooHooCrew).
- Follow our Twitter hashtag for the Blue Ridge Relay (#WHCBRR).
- Visit our Facebook page (facebook.com/WooHooCrew) for less frequent updates throughout the race.
Don’t worry, if you miss out on the live feed, we’ll be unleashing plenty of video & pictures on you upon our return!
You know you love it.