This was quite a week for the Woo Hoo Crew. Several of us met milestones for races and training and even, in fashionable race wear. Also great personal achievements too!
Here’s the highlights!
- Katie finished a 30 mile week, with running her 12 mile long run on Monday night!
- Melanie J and I figured out that a 7:30 pace is the pace we can’t talk, hence no complaining during speed work. I’m pretty sure this is helpful information for Nathan.
- Daniel has been running consistently every day since the start of the year.
- Kathy laced up and met the Volvo girls for a post work run.
- Carole had a milestone week as she makes her comeback to running. So proud of her!
- Lauren ran 9 miles solo in the rain on Saturday. She’s a strong girlie!
- Melanie J ran the Cooper River Bridge 10K run on Saturday. Still waiting to hear an update from her on how it went. I’m sure it was crazy fun!
- Katie, Ralph and I ran the Human Race 5K, the second race of the Greensboro Race series. Even though the weather was dreary, we all had a great race day.
- Ralph finished in 22:43, setting a new “old age” PR and earning 1st place in his age group.
- I finished well, earning a new 5K PR, 25:33 and a 1st place age group. Still in disbelief about this one!
- Katie got her running mojo back on her 5K, finishing under 10 min pace! Woo Hoo!
- All three of us earned some points on our quest to complete the race series.
- Our Sunday morning run was great fun! Nathan killed his 10 miler..smoking hot pace, under 8 min! The rest of us all finished strong.
- And even though it technically was last Sunday, I introduced the “running dress” aka a waterlogged tank top. Gave us all a good laugh!
On a professional note, Nathan directed the world premiere of his newest piece “Legacies” honoring Lynn Glassock at the NC Day of Percussion.